Pneumatic Monsters is part of Science2Life’s ‘Science It!’ Programmes
Hands-on educational project
Online support for setting up and delivering the programme
Virtual workshop given by Scientific Sue
Want Scientific Sue to run this session in your school, for your event or even to create a bespoke session for you? That can be arranged too!
Although we have called this activity ‘Pneumatic Monsters‘ your children can use the contents to make any toy which uses the inflated balloon to open or move it. This creative activity helps to develop children’s understanding of control through investigating simple pneumatic systems and designing and making a model of a toy that has moving parts controlled by moving air – pneumatics.
Enough material to make 4 models
- Balloon pump
- Balloons x 6
- Paper plates x 8
- Double sided stickers x 32
- Pipe cleaners x 40
- Plastic tubing x 4
- Ping pong balls x 8
- Wiggly eyes x 20
- Pom poms x 40
- Ties x 4
- Rocket balloon
The children create a toy which can be opened using air moving out of an inflated balloon.
Teaching notes included
This creative activity can also be used to investigate camouflage as an adaptation and why it helps organisms to survive. The activity can reinforce the usefulness of being able to ‘hide’ in an environment in a fun way – and which child doesn’t like playing hide-and-seek!
Shipment tracking ID will be provided after your item has been despatched.
The delivery date stated is indicative and subject to availability, payment authorisation, verification and processing.
In case your product(s) is not delivered due to an incorrect or invalid address, or other reason outside of our control, we will not be able to process any claims. However, we will notify you if it is returned to us.
- Return or exchange requests can be made within 10 days of the delivery date.
- To return or exchange any items, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly mentioning your order number and our customer support team will guide you on the process.
- To be eligible for return, products must be in the exact condition you received them in. All packaging material must be undamaged and unused with the price tags intact.
- Orders can be cancelled before dispatch. If the order has already been dispatched, cancellation fees might be charged.
- Due to the nature of the products that we sell, we will not be able to replace or refund unwanted items if they have been opened or any seals are broken.
- The refund will not include the import duties or the cost of delivery or return postage.
- If your refund is approved, then it will automatically be credited to the original method of payment, within 7-10 days.
- Science2Life reserves the right to alter and enforce this Return and Refund Policy at any time without having to serve a prior notice to users.