Perfect for hot summer weather and bath time fun! This 4 pack of water guns is great for soaking anything and everything, and is perfect for water fights in the garden – of as a fun, novel way to encourage the children to water the plants!
With a spring-loaded trigger, this water gun is bound to keep all using them entertained.
- 4 pack
- mini funnel
What about the SCIENCE?!
Why not use your water guns to create ‘Squirt Gun Volcanoes!’
This is an outdoor, fun activity which everyone in the family can enjoy.
- Large baking/roasting tray
- selection of food colours
- baking soda
- protective eye wear
- water gun
What to do:
- Add food colouring in random dots to the base of your tray
- Cover the with baking soda – about 1 cm in depth
- Fill your water ‘squirt’ guns with vinegar. If you don’t have a mini funnel the easiest way to do this is to submerge the squirt guns in a bowl full of vinegar.
- Place your tray of a flat surface outside.
- Protective eye wear is to be put on – swimming goggles, sun glasses or our very own safety glasses
- Take aim and shoot!
You can step closer to get the harder to aim at areas.
Baking soda (also know as sodium bicarbonate, bread soda and sodium hydrogen carbonate) and vinegar (weak ethanoic acid) when combined chemically react producing carbon dioxide gas – this is the fizz you will see.
Follow this link to use this science to make the classic baking soda volcano.