The amazing DINOSAUR plant comes back to life before your eyes!
Dinosaur Plant – Click here for for plant care information
Dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years, but an ancient plant, that witnessed the era of these mighty reptiles, is still around!
A Prehistoric evergreen that keeps coming back to life!
This amazing Water Plant Kit by DuneCraft allows your children to grow their own living Earth history, a plant that has survived for over 290 million years.
When you open the Dinosaur Plant Amazing Water Plant Kit
package, the enclosed foliage ball looks completely lifeless. Put it in water and give it a few hours. You will be really surprised to find it fully transformed into a beautiful alive evergreen plant!
Grows in one day!
Want to make presentation of this natural wonder for your family or friends? Let the dino plant from this children’s science kit dry out for a week and then add water again!
This really amazing botanical kit from Educational Toys Planet is a must have to introduce your children to natural history, paleontology and biology. All DuneCraft plant kits are 100% guaranteed to grow.
- Dinosaur Plant kit by DuneCraft allows your children to grow their own living Earth history, really unique exotic plant.
- Develops skills: biology, observation skills, experimenting skills.
- Award Winner: Creative Child Magazine – Seal of Excellence, Dr. Toys’ Best Classic Toy Award.
- Includes; 1 Dinosaur plant, 1 display bowl, I packet of New Mexico lava rocks.
The dinosaur plant is one of the longest living plants in the world! It’s ancestors looked down to see the first dinosaur emerge. At that time this plant grew to over 35 metres in height – even taller than Tyrannosaurus Rex!
When the Ice-age came this plant had to mutate and get really small. It learned how to blow onto dry land and sleep, waiting for water. It would drift around waiting until it stumbled on water and then drinks greedily and goes back to sleep until it finds its next source of water! This plant is very easy to care for. It doesn’t need to bury its roots. All it needs is a little water and some occasional sleep.
Place the plant in the bowl with the enclosed New Mexican lava rock. Pour on some water and watch it spring in to life within one day! Let the plant dry out and it will shrink back to its sleeping state. It can sleep up to 50 years and will still rise when it is placed in water again.
Once it has been brought back to life, change the water every day and give it a rinse for the first few weeks. It will grow in the bowl of water indefinitely, although it does prefer to have a few naps each year. To put it to bed, just let the water evaporate. Don’t refill it. It will fall asleep in one week. You can then re awaken it when you are ready to care for it again.
Facts about your Dinosaur Plant
- Fronds turn red-brown or grey-green with age and are produced in dense tufts
- Grows to about 10 cm
- Has hygroscopic qualities which cause the pant to curl up when dry and unfold when moist
- Retains 3% of its water when it is dehydrated
- Although shallow, their root system is very extensive and the leaves and stems can uptake water directly
- Although they resemble mosses, they are considered to be more evolutionary advanced because they are vascular – they have specialised fluid-conducting tissues
- They were a dominant group during the Carboniferous period when they attained the size of trees and contributed to the coal deposits which were later formed
- Is an ideal symbol for the coming of life.